Re: Tarsh Exiles

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:57:29 -0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

<snip> Peter correlates those Dp units.

> Thieves Army: Fugitive footpads from the Lunar Empire. Not
> present in 1600.
> Freemen: Stated to be fugitives from the Lunar Empire (DP p31).
> The only possible reason that I can think of is that they
> might be escaped slaves. Not present in 1600.

Some thoughts on the Freemen wuld be: For the Orlanthi if you give a thrall weapons - you free him. Perhaps the Sartarites raise a regiment that accepts runaway slaves. On joining the regiment the slaves are given weapons and thus 'freed'. It might be a good way to encourage slaves to desert to your side. Didn't the North do something similiar in the American Civil War?

Ian