Re: Re: Armour

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:11:52 +1200

David Dunham wrote:

> >The Real World chemistry doesn't give us any hints (Selenium is
> >toxic but nothing spectacular).

>Couldn't have been all that toxic, in that my high school's xerox
>machine had a selenium drum, and we were always taking it out to
>clear paper jams or something.

Did you break apart the drum and eat the selenium? No. Therefore there wasn't a hazard there. But it is toxic enough for occupational safety authorities to highlight the drum as a possible health risk (mainly from the minute amount of gas produced during operation).

>On the other hand, just like Gloranthan bronze is NOT terrestrial
>bronze, Gloranthan selenium is undoubtedly a different element.

Which is just what the first quoted sentence _says_ and which the rest of the deleted paragraph followed.

--Peter Metcalfe

---