Re: Balazar

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:27:20 +0200

Rob:

>> I always thought the rather unimpressive Halcyon in GM was
>> an RQ rules artifact as he is described in text as a powerful
>> individual. An RQ initiate isn't a hotshot, a HQ initiate
>> can certainly be.
>>
>> I haven't seen the GI stats for him, but perhaps somewhere
>> in the between the two is a good bet?
>
>Ahhh, Nils - there is more than one way to be a *powerfull*
>individual. He was a big wheel in the Lunar Empire, and that chic
>he hangs out with is no slouch. No, I played in a American Western
>game where the main bad guy was a fat old rail baron and crap at
>everything except for making our lives a misery!!

Well, that is my point. In RQ stats, the only way to convey a character's power is high combat skills and divine magic. An initiate usually has neither.

In HQ stats however, Halcyon's power could be expressed in relationships and non-physical abilities.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams