Re: Misapplied/mixed worship

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 20:46:29 EDT

Peter:
> My problem is with suggestions that everybody
> is doing misapplied magic in a given area.

If we were to look at the Votanki and make Votank a god who is worshipped in the "wrong" way then we have a good reason why Balazaring are not, for the most part, powerful magicians, why those Balazarings that are powerful magicians are a bit scary and outside the normal society, why Balazar only has a population of 5000 and why Votank theology hasn't created an Empire, spread across the oceans or otherwise had much effect beyond Balazar. Perhaps Votank prefers to be worshipped in an ecstatic manner, "efficiency" is not necessarily a concern of the gods

Keith N