Re: Misapplied/mixed worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:05:39 +1200

Keith wrote:

> > My problem is with suggestions that everybody
> > is doing misapplied magic in a given area.

>If we were to look at the Votanki and make Votank a god who is worshipped in
>the "wrong" way then we have a good reason why Balazaring are not, for the
>most part, powerful magicians,

My problem is that it assumes that the Votanki don't know their spiritual arse from their theistic elbow. They've had 2000 years of contact with foreign magicians, surely one of them must have cottoned on. Misapplied worship as a mainstream practice should only be used when the religion concerned has a theological reason for it (such as the Aeolians). To state that they are weak because they practice misapplied worship is an extraordinary clunky solution.

--Peter Metcalfe

---