Re: Is the Runequest Mentality Grinding The Hero out of Heroquest

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:35:14 -0000

Yes. I admit I view some of the complaints with a certain amount of amusement when taken in that light.

The examples were, as I recall, more designed for people unfamiliar with Glorantha and the casual player in mind. Many of the nonimmersive  people that I teach the game to find the examples quite useful and fun.

Later, once they get into the game and world, they can be as immersive and as reactionary as they want - but first, I think its important get the folks involved, right?

Jeff Kyer
MIB and Huscarl