Re: Kinslaying (another question)

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:42:46 -0000

> All people's replies have been really helpful although I suppose
my problem
> is that not only are Priya and her father from different tribes
(Tovtaros
> and Vantaros respectively), although they are both Far Walkers,
they worship
> different pantheons: Storm Tribe for Priya the Vingan and Fire
Tribe for
> Harvar the Yelmalion.

Don't worry - the rise of the Yelmalio cult caused all sorts of kinslaying and other awful problems when it first reared its ugly head a few generations ago. Think about it this way - people join this weird new sun cult (which has a sick fetish for the Evil Emperor) and start claiming the traditional laws, customs and morals no longer apply to them. They were willing to call upon foreign deities in our sacred places and were willing to kill their own kin to defend their sick ways. The kinstrife was only ended by letting most of the Yelmalions leave their tribes and clans and form a new tribe on land taken from the Kitori.

The Yelmalions are a problem - they reject the traditional means by which disputes are resolved by the Heortlings and undermine law and order. My players think that they are almost as bad as the Lunars!

Jeff