Goldgotti.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:59:04 +1300

David Boatright:

> >Guildsmen: Probably funded by Goldgotti the merchant prince
> >who is mentioned in this context in DP p31. The name sounds
> > vaguely familiar but my memory keeps returning Galeotti
> > instead. Not present in 1600

>Goldgotti is a bandit and Issaries.intiate in one of the Borderlands
>encounters is he not?

Yes! Thank you, David. He's a Sartar Bandit in the encounters book.

         Goldgotti Guildersnatcher is an Issaries Goldentongue
         initiate of the type that gives Issaries merchants a
         bad name.  He never gives a sucker an even break.  He
         enjoys con-games and has several pieces of fake truestone,
         sets of phoney slave bracelets, and so-called POW storage
         crystals ready to sell to obvious marks.  He also has
         'maps' to all the great treasures of Prax, which he will
         sell for outrageous prices.

His only redeeming feature is that he is unaware that one of his companions is an ogre. His RQ2 statistics are for 1613, so obviously he's struck it rich in the intervening years.

--Peter Metcalfe