RE: Re: Sartar Rising w/ book 2, Lunars?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:57:32 GMT

In message <000e01c4b611$d85efea0$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>BA also gives the basics about how clan life works, though. How to run a
>cattle raid, what resources are available, and so on. It can be found
>second-hand if you look very hard, and I'd suggest you do. Yes, you
>*can* run without it - we did for years before it came out, after all!
>But it's good.
>
>Any chance of Issaries doing a re-print run, I wonder? There's a lot of
>people just starting up and after a copy.

There seems to be a definite problem with the scenario books. We've at last got a FLGS in Manchester (http://www.fanboy3.co.uk)[1] and they've being told OiD is out of print as well. Apparently there's some problem relating to the way SJG and the UK distributors do business. Given that there are stacks of TR in the distribution chain I'm not sure why the scenario books have sold out so quickly.

[1] My only connection is that it's somewhere selling Glorantha stuff that doesn't involve a 200 mile round trip. The owner is a Glorantha fan from RQ days.

>However (as someone who's trying just this at present, as a player) the
>basic information about how to generate a Lunar soldier character, and
>how the Lunar army of occupation *works*, what a typical soldier does
>with their time, and so on, is missing or scattered.
>
>I'd suggest talking to Martin Laurie for the former, and probably Nick
>Brooke for the latter. And they will no doubt disagree :)

Nick did a very amusing scenario to introduce PCs to life in the Lunar army. I can't find it on the Etyries website and it's almost certainly never going to be official.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/