Re: Describe your campaign. What are people playing these days?

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:36:41 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2004-10-21-1125.

Matthew Cole wrote:
> In no more than three sentences, describe the game/campaign you narrate/play
> in?

I am running a Tarsh/Sartar game game set in 1565S.T. The players are members of the White Ram clan and have been helping Old Tarsh King Hendrakos in his war against the Lunar Tarsh King Phargentes. They have just been betrayed by the city of Slavewall, who have changed sides, and are now fleeing from the Lunar invasion forces heading to Alda Chur and Sartar. The Battle of Dwarf Ford will be the next episode.

I did run a Lunar game that was from the opposite side of this conflict. The players were from all over the empire and they were working for King Phargentes in putting down any resistance and getting any rebel clans to swear alligence back to him. I tried very hard to ban animal followers but that didn't work :(

I am playing Keelhaul Whydah, a Bloodbeard Pirate captain sailing the seas of Glorantha. Red Ravaal asked to to destroy a sorcerous tower filled with God Learner contructs [which we did], we visited monster island and just managed to escape with our lives [Mark Galeotti's character escaped with a little more :) ], and we have just escaped from Jrusteli where we faced off a couple of Red Vadeli [very unpleasant fellows]. I have so far only sunk three of my own ships so far.

I have played Manushi Many-Flight, a noble from Teshnos who is visiting a small charming town next to a delightful ruin. Along with my gigantic Phomia [elephant] called Nippletooth and my Goonda man servant I have visited several interesting locations in Pavis and the Big Rubble, I have found this charming little quant inn called the Silk and Plume where I met some other nobles from all over Genertela that are now my companions as we travel together. The natives do have a knack of staring at us, have they never seen a Teshnan in silks riding an elephant with an orange Goonda, a Rinliddi in feathers on his avilry mount, plus an asortment of other nobles riding horses and zebras along with the Chinchilla of Love?

I have played Maynard Pangit of the Death Shrew Clan, a mightly, if somewhat devious, warrior of the Char-Un. He stood alone without his horse against the top warriors of the Speared Elk clan and managed to hold them off, killing their leader in the process, until the rest of his compaions rode in and had happy slaughter. A fun game. I then played Jaffa Khan of the Speared Elk clan, one of the most toughest healers I have ever seen. A Chur-Un of couse and deadly proud. She managed to help the Enaree by destroying the White Elves from the Sky.

I have played Sir Kaulth, an Esvulari knight from Durengard. Started working as a guard for Sir Guis de Brut in Caldvale Manor, a nice pleasant place with no real problems, except that the Lunars now run the country of course. We helped some monks who were attacked by some Rokari then things got a little dark. Sir Kaulth started to wear some awful vampire plate armour and we were fighting machines, Tolari and Godforgot rivivals. One of the players characters was revealed to be heir to the throne so we started to get her back on it . Nulli Tempus Dialectici Est is the slogan of the campaign, 'There is no time for logic'.

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death may die." - H.P.Lovecraft