RE: one day a Troll saved me

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:51:19 +0100

> > Thing is, she survived. Even more interestingly, she has now
> > told me that she was found, bound and helpless, by a Troll.
> > Who then saved her and escorted her out of Troll lands.
>
> One possibility--troll males have a *very* deep instinct of
> deference to women. Mind you, that's to woman *trolls*--but
> still, it might just feel wrong to kill a female if you can help it.

Good point. Gender is relevant for once here. So let me throw another idea into the mix. This is an Orlanthi woman, helpless and in danger. One possible cultural response for her is to call on Vinga. Now take a look at the sub-cult of Vinga Uz-fighter, and see what you can work out from there.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/vinga.html