Re: Re: Tattoos: practical, quest-generated, or a bit of both?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:47:33 -0700

> >I wouldn't create gods for the tattoo artists - they get magic from
normal
> >cults.
>
> I agree. Though: "Issaries the Translator received the staff called
> Scorch. He used it to mark his followers with his magic, to keep them
> safe, and thereby began the tattooing of power." [Greg Stafford,
> "Orlanth's Ring," Enclosure 2]

Well, but everyone managed to get their hands on it soon afterwards (probably through trickster - you know how *he* is!).

The reason I wouldn't create a tattooing god is that you'd have to be initiated into two cults (The tat' god and another) to do cult tattoos. I'd rather thave the knowledge pretty widespread.

RR
- Richelieu