Re: Re: Needles for tattooing (and other uses).

From: Labrygon_at_...
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:29:06 EDT

In a message dated 28/10/2004 9:03:12 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time, asolovay_at_... writes:

> And keep in mind that a needle for tattooing is a lot easier to make than
> one for sewing.

I would think the elves could grow needles for sewing - just one tree would be sufficient for most sewing requirements, I would think. In competition with this act of vile growing the Mostali might have developed as far as sewing machines. It seems to me that either of these options would mean that there would be good needles to be had that would make sense to buy rather than try to make. The "pin money" demanded by either dwarf or elf would be substantial.

As an aside, I do not really like tattooes, and think of the whole thing as a bit too draconic. I think dragonewts do tattooing and the EWF might have been into that sort of thing (with the Remakers being into body piercing and other mutilations), which tainsts the whole thing with draconic overtones. I guess the Sartarites are getting less worried about dragons these days.

Keith