Re: Pavis climate

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:19:23 -0000

> In Vol4 of the Pavis and Big Rubble Companion, the article on
Pavis
> County states that Pavis recieves 44 inches of rain a year.
> I know several of the authors of that article post on this forum
so I
> pose the question here.
>
> Is this a mistake?

Let's check our more recent II publication - DP gives annual precipitation in the Sartarite foothills bordering Prax at around 30 inches a year, falling maingly as snow in Dark Season and light rain in Sea Season. Precipitation in Dragon Pass itself exceeds 70 inches a year, falling heavily on the northwestern slopes o fthe Dragonspine, Quivin, and Stormwalk ranges.

>From that, it would be reasonable to assume that annual rainfall in
Prax is 30 inches or less - which is pretty normal for chaparral country and savannas. Pavis County could have a mild orographic effect caused by the rise into Vultures Country and actually receive 40-50 inches of rain a year.

Jeff