RE: Moon Boat questions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 07:32:16 +0100

> >(1a. Can they travel in the Glowspot? e.g., could the Crimson Bat be
> >followed by a moon boat cargo ship, carrying cultists, goods, etc.?)
>
> Yup. I would be worried by the wake.

The WW list did some slightly tongue-in-cheek calculations on this subject a while back. Even with a slow wing-beat and a half-fed (and half-size) Bat, you get sonic booms off the wing-tips on each flap.

I'd suggest special Bat knowledge reveals exactly the right spot to stay in behind it to minimise turbulence. Yes, you can do this, but only with cooperation from the guiding BatPriests. And anyone hostile trying to follow the Bat that close has so many other problems that turbulence doesn't come into it :)