Re: Some Moon Boat Facts

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:53 -0700

Thanks for all the info!

>These are extremely valuable things, and generally too slow for real combat. A
>few archers with long distance magic and fire, a good fire caster, a single
>grotaron with fire arrows, a sunspear, a lightning bolt, a wind child with a
>pot of burning tar; a good windstorm, a handful of flying fighting priests, a
>wyvern landing on deck, almost anything that can ruin the sails; these all are
>easy ways to destroy a very rare item.
>
>- Greg Stafford

But damn, there goes my idea of running a Lunar campaign in which a moon boat shows up at the battle of Iceland, thereby changing the whole course of history. Hmm, maybe a Orlanthi game where they get wind of a Lunar project to make a moon boat war ship and they must end the project before all hope is lost! Of course, just a game where the players own a moon boat sounds pretty cool.

--Victor