Re: Vingan and Ernaldan?

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:14:07 -0000

> Donald:
>
> > This is the Red Woman subcult of Vinga which is also a
> > subcult of Ernalda - see Storm Tribe page 175/6.
>
> But, if the character wants to be a mother, it's the one sub-cult
of
> Vinga that she can't have. Red Women quite specifically give up
their
> fertility. This is never stated for any other Vingan AFAIK (though
may
> be implicit).

Hmmm. I don't remember that. I'll have to re-read it but I would be inclined to change it in YGMV style. There is something very cinematic about a stead mother (or other type female) taking up arms to right a wrong and then return to her day job!

The player in my game is a devotee of vinga the avenger and hopes to return to her day job as a heortling woman ( assuming that her experiences haven't jaded her too much by tha time!)

Just a few thoughts,

Regards
Rob