Re:Wyter was (sorry ;) )

From: Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:47:18 -0500

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:06:14 -0000
> From: "Dougie" <dougie_at_...>
> Subject: Wyter was (sorry ;) )Re: Digest Number 1898
>
> Thanks for the replys - gives me some foods for thought - the new
> clan (formed by King Tarkil of the Iristaros) has about 70% old the
> clan with the remainder being sundry refugees from elsewhere so I´m
> not sure if this is an entirely new clan or a contunuation of the old
> one (they have taken the old clan regaliar (sp?) but I doubt the tula
> border stones). I like the idea of getting these back as an adventure
> seed but since the new clan has been established for around 8 years
> I´d kinda assumed they had a wyter up and running of some sort...

Any community in Glorantha has a wyter or guardian or its not a real community - or at least, that's my interpretation. Certainly this is true ritually.

> I know it possably belongs on the Rules Digest but since we´re on the
> subject... does a wyter still have a general Awarnes ability under
> the HQ guardian rules. ie does my wyter´s Awarness: Sense Apple
> Blight, Sense Praxians alow it to detect cattle raiders from over the
> hill as described in BA & TR?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dougie.

Sure. Just have an improv penalty of some sort. The main concern is when they are on the tula. While the wyter may be really good at sensing apple blight in the orchards, it will generally notice intruders - they are noisy and stepping on folks. Multiple raiders is a good bonus (it is considered in the Sneak Onto Tula part of Cattle Raiding). It may just not happen right away. It might even sense Praxians a few miles off.

Jeff

--
Flight to Peru - £1000
Camping gear - £200

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.