RE: Fleshing ][

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:17:10 -0000

> A) The entity in the valley is an otherworld being with strong
> connections to the Harmony and Stasis runes.

> B) The benefit that ritual perpetuates is still a problem.

> C) The ritual itself requires the harmonious co-operation of
> the three clans involved and may involve a hero quest
> The whole gathering needs to be the epitome of
> harmony and changelessness (tradition?).

I start to wonder if perhaps this being is a tree? A very, very old tree, hence the emphasis on stasis. Apparently the oldest tree in the RW is a bristle-cone pine that's 4767 years old.

The benefits might be tied to berries from the tree? Or fallen wood - maybe they can make extra strong handles for tools, or something?

I'd suggest that the ritual is an re-enactment of "how our ancestors met this being and befriended it".