RE: RHQN _at_ Dragonmeet 2004 Report

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:06:53 -0000

> I ran two games of HeroQuest which went down very well [so I
> was told by the players anyway].

As one of the players in the second game - yes, excellent GMing as always.

> Straight after finishing that game I started another called
> 'Into the Trees'. I had six players this time, one young
> player was completely new to role-playing,

?? He was?

Then I must say he took to it *extremely* fast. Best use of a "feel no guilt" feat I've ever seen, and some good augmenting other PCs. Anyone who can manipulate Nick Brooke into doing whatever he wants will go far.

Someday I must listen carefully to your 2-minute explanation of the HQ rules. It's obviously a very good one, from the way this kid ended up using them.

> What followed was a comedy of errors as they tried to get
> some nice 'gifts' to placate all parties concerned. Including
> getting a dinosaur across the River,

A dinosaur called Trixie. Somehow, that stuck in my memory.