Re: RHQN _at_ Dragonmeet 2004 Report

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:16:57 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-12-06-2215.

Jane Williams wrote:
> > Straight after finishing that game I started another called
> > 'Into the Trees'. I had six players this time, one young
> > player was completely new to role-playing,
>
> ?? He was?
>
> Then I must say he took to it *extremely* fast. Best use of a "feel no
> guilt" feat I've ever seen, and some good augmenting other PCs. Anyone
> who can manipulate Nick Brooke into doing whatever he wants will go far.

No, that was Connor. He has played in one of my demo games at Beer & Pretzels earlier this year. A very good role-player and a good sign for the future of the hobby.

No the other boy, Albert Kates. He *did* play the young Destori Edgewed very well [almost by accident ;) ] He has played Warhammer and CRPGs. His first time at table-top RPG as he told me.

He really liked pretty elves - didn't like the Glorantha ones much :)

> Someday I must listen carefully to your 2-minute explanation of the HQ
> rules. It's obviously a very good one, from the way this kid ended up
> using them.

I do have it down to a good patter. But it is the system that sells itself.

> > What followed was a comedy of errors as they tried to get
> > some nice 'gifts' to placate all parties concerned. Including
> > getting a dinosaur across the River,
>
> A dinosaur called Trixie. Somehow, that stuck in my memory.

As did the way you 'distracted' the Dragonewts.