Re: Cool troll weapons for Orlanthi?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:06:10 -0800

parental_unit_2 wrote:

> We are working on a heroquest where Orlanth defeats some trolls and
> takes their weapons. Can anyone suggest that trolls use which might be
> (a) useful to Orlanthi (b) very cool?

Well, don't limit yourself to what trolls use *now*. You could have a heroquest where, say, Orlanth steals battle-axes from the trolls. "But trolls don't use battle-axes!" "Well, *duh*. That's because Orlanth stole them."

And another possibility: Orlanth--or rather, his faithful thane Humakt--stole a sword (Death) from the underworld. The underworld is, of course, where trolls live. You may be able to do something with that. If   nothing else, I'm sure there are a lot of low-powered "echoes" of that great myth--that is, instead of the full-powered "Humakt and Eurmal steal Death from Subere and give it to Orlanth" quest, you could do some quest like "Hrothgar the Sword and Thelik the Gibberer broke into the troll caves, stole their treasured magic sword Keenblade, and gave it to their tribal king".