Re: Re: Otherworld differences

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:07:33 +1300

At 11:29 AM 12/11/04 +0000, you wrote:

>In Safelster, in a game being set up, I decided upon an Iconographer
>as a hero. This is a wizardly school which'll probably be up on a
>website at some point, wherein the grimoires are seminal
>masterpieces (think Impressions of le Havre). A student will have
>copied them and study them for the hidden details and routes to
>power. So far, Perspectivist, Postperspectivist, Representation,
>Misrepresentation as Grimoires which fit with spells.

On the subject of renaissance painting, I have the idea for entries to the Sorcery World. In many churches and secular buildings, there are these vast ceiling murals of God, the Saints and all that. What if in glorantha these weren't actually paintings* but windows onto the Sorcery World? Thus to enter the sorcery world, one simply has to rise up through magical spells, a Machina (Deus Ex) or even a simple stairway. If one fails to enter the sorcery world, then one has a sore head from banging on the cathedral ceiling.

*actually they could still be paintings in the process of making the entry.

--Peter Metcalfe

---