Re: Guardian Beings

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:37:59 -0000

> Had anyone got a game where they use the guardian extensively?

Our hero band's guardian is Bersochek, a minor fire god gained in a heroquest. He's the son of an Umathelan smith god and the Tree Lady, and some identify him with charcoal. He appears as a talking statue of a boy, burned black.

He seems to have two roles in our game. First, he livens up some combats by contributing fire magic. For example, our band didn't just take out a hoon with archery, it took it out with a flight of pyrotechnically flaming arrows.

Second, he provides comic relief. Due to some reverses on the heroquest that gained him, he's lazy, rude, and easily tempted, which makes diplomatic efforts by the band more interesting. He was the first thing the band thought of when we were out on the plains and needed fuel for a smithing contest. And he apparently looks and sounds like Mr. Hankey from the rude animated TV show South Park.

Rob