Re: Guardian Beings

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:55:41 -0000

> Hi Stephen
>
> OUr guardian is Mykka, the little girl spirit from 'Chasing
Kites',
> so has menaing to three of the players and myself as the GM of
that
> game.

Very cool!

> I enjoyed your post so I will try and make use of Mykka and her
> abilities. Maybe thats what it needs, a player to take control of
> the Guardian and 'bring' it into the game.

Yes, I think that is very important. In the Hidden Glen campaign, the heroes had found the Viridian Spear and had adopted it as their guardian - considering many of them were Renvald *initiates* they found it a great unifier of their disparate ways.

Our Guardian had... Sense Sorcerer, Piercing Spear and something about guardinga gainst essences. A bit focused but that's what the players wanted for the Warband of Revald.

The Clay Wyter was the HIdden Glen itself. Unfortunately, it didn't always stay hidden. At least, the folks that found it were usually other refugees... some from a long time ago. What do you do witha bunch of amnesiac survivors of the Dragonkill?

> (if it is any help, Jeff used the name Mykka as a sort of
homage/in-
> joke. The original was a an old RQ character, that started off as
> supporting character, but ended up being quite important due to
her
> brilliance and lack of sense of self-preservation. She ended up
> setting off events that destroyed a major lunar temple complex,
got
> much of the party turned into undead, and led her into becoming a
> trickster (NOT willingly!). My assumption is that the ghost Mykka
> was originally a girl more creative, enterprising and brave than
> cautious, conforming, or wise--otherwise she never would have
gotten
> herself into such a mess!. Her spirit, once "home" in a guardian,
> might have similar traits, which could be....interesting. But of
> course that isn't specified anywhere, and you are free to play her
> any way you want!)

Shhhh!!!!

> --Bryan

Glad you noticed, though. ;-)