Men of the Sea

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:07:58 -0500

... has just turned up in London. At a first look I'm very pleased with it, and the strength of the HQ system shows in the way ships and the sea are represented with no need for new rules.

I particularly like the guidance on representing your ship as a Follower or Sidekick.

One warning: the bibliography includes a reference to Ursula LeGuin's excellent Earthsea books, and mentions that it's been adapted as a TV mini-series. Comments on the TV series on some of my other lists have ranged from 'acceptable if you've never read the books' to 'utterly appalling'. Here's a reference to what LeGuin herself thought ...

> But Ursula HAS chimed in:
> Her site:

> http://www.ursulakleguin.com/UKL_info.html

> with a pointer to slate:
> "A Whitewashed Earthsea
> How the Sci Fi Channel wrecked my books"

> http://slate.msn.com/id/2111107/

Andrew