Re: Religious Ranking

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:38:39 +0000

Ian Cooper:

>I understand other folks feel that way. For me that is too much of a
>fudge. IMG I don't think that just living the life of a steader is
>the sacrifice required of a Durev devotee. Sure I think that the
>Durev devotee is doing magical/ritual/religous work, whch may be of
>benefit to his community, but I don't think simply 'living Heortling
>life' is enough.
>
>For me a devotee is a magician, and like all magicians he spends time
>on his own, away from other people, involved in arcane activity.

Interestingly, to me, it's this latter view that seems too much like a fudge. It seems to be a way of saying 'we've got too many devotee PCs, we need a way to entice people to play initiates' and coming up with a devotee=godi justification for achieving that. YGWV, but that's not a fudge I'd personally be happy with, so I stick with allowing people to emulate their god through their occupation, which I feel better simulates the way that Glorantha works. Or my Glorantha, at any rate :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic