Re: Karse and Refuge

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:50:54 +0100 (CET)

Ian Young
> So, by dictatorial fiat for my personal campaign, I'll declare that
> the "Old Race" of Carse are the Esrolians of Karse, and the "Kingdom"
> folk are Heortlings.

On the Karse Wiki (which you and everybody else is welcome to participate in) I have cast both the non-Heortling Pelaskites and the Esrolians in this role. The Kingdom folk are Esvulari and city-adapted Heortlings. See:

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=City%20of%20Karse&wikiid=7069

> As I suggested earlier, they seem logical and
> comfortable fits. Now, for the governor of Refuge/Sanctuary, if I
> want to keep an analogue to Prince Kadakithis, an out-of-favor
> semi-exiled high noble, would it make sense for him to be an outcast
> from the Holy Country?

If you possess Chris Gidlow's "Tarsh War", I suggest strongly the Tarshite Prince Orontes. With a couple of Yanafali bodyguards, too. From 1620 on only, though.

Prior to the Lunar invasion, he'd have to be an Esvulari or Seshnegi noble.