RE: Re: Bashing Runequest - why bother

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:15:36 -0000

> Jane
> Warning! If someone dies, they do *not* hang around as a
> spirit, and you do *not* get a shaman to talk to them.
>
> !!When did this happen? Since Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels?

Since the Three Worlds Model meant that only animists became spirits. Theists have souls, I think sorcerors have essences or something, and you need the right sort of magic to talk to them afterwards. Or so we're discovering in our Upland Marsh game, to many mutterings of "why does life have to be so complicated?"

> Rick:
> The only reason I could see for bashing RQ would be if you
> were afraid it was an evil that would return unless it was
> kept in disrepute.
>
> !!it might come back?? >runs<

It's dead?
(Looks at RQ character sheet in very active game in puzzlement).