Re: Bashing Runequest - why bother

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:31:34 -0000

Hold them horses, Rick! As one of the two people guilty of "bashing RQ" let's remember what I actually said that got people all defensive:

>One thing I've been
>trying to think through is what the various tribal or clan "temples"
>are - as I continue my decade long task of breaking down the RQ
>approach to the Orlanthi cults.

As you know, this is something I've worked on for quite sometime. I think that the Thunder Rebel approach to the various aspects and subcults of Orlanth is quite good, but is a little skimpy on on information as to the various tribal or clan "temples". People tend to fall back on RQ ideas about temples, which I think is wrong and probably misguiding.

Jeff