Re: Lismelder and the Orlmarthing

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:20:28 -0000

David -

> We had noticed how the Orlmarth cower in their fortifications when
> we steal their cows and sheep.

Such lies are to be expected from dog-herders. The Greydogs were too cowardly to come out of their chieftain's hall when we took 20 cattle from under Longbrewer's nose and we kill four of the warriors he sent after our raiders. The Greydogs are well-known sheep thieves, since they are too timid to take cows. The Ridge is ours and we'll kill any Greydog thief we see on our side of the Ridgeline!

> The Orlmarth have a priest of the unKnowing God who gets his dates
> all mixed up, usually by a hundred years or more.

It is well known that most of the Grey Dogs' so-called-history was invented after too many drinks at their chieftain's inn! Our kings list is written in sacred letters at Clearwine - yours is nothing more than drunken "recollections".

> It was never burnt down by Orlgandi Urothorling of the Orlmarth.
> Yes, he tried. But King Orlbjorn and Chief Engorn Longbrewer were
> strong and stopped him. Luckily Orlgandi was killed at Dwarf Ford,
> otherwise he would have succeeded during the time of Thufir
> Yellowtail. Bloody Poss.

The Greydogs say that the Inn was not "burnt down" because they managed to preserve a few timbers and the stone foundation. King Orolbjorn showed up after we had left with our plunder and cattle. Admittedly, Engorn Watercarrier was strong - he had to be to carry all that water onto the embers of his hall.

> Does anyone use the Greydog background for their games?

I do, although I have changed parts of it to make the Orlmarthing-  feud more significant.

Jeff