Re: Hennaed Hero: Two Studies of a Whitewall Vingan

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:04:58 +1300

Guy:
> Her face is very nice. It seems like you've managed to avoid the Vicky 3
> syndrome <snip>

What's that, then? Great nipple detail: so-so facial expression?

After John said his work was based on a Vicky 3 I spent some time today having a look at the various skins for Poser characters in the hope of finding some that look like our HQ characters. I seem to be running into the classic problem -- with the women, anyway -- that their posture and proportions are not convincing for fighters, and the neutral faces are the least bad of the facial offerings.

So, a question for those of you who've done this sort of rendering: when you've got the software, can you balance the weight over both feet, tilt the pelvis up at the front and ease the shoulders forward to "neutral"? Less Vallejo and Frazetta, and more Lucy Lawless as Xena or Michelle Yeoh as Yu Xiu Lien. If you can, that will make me much more likely to buy the software: I quite like having images of the characters in my game.

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--
Jennifer Geard