Re: Hennaed Hero: Two Studies of a Whitewall Vingan

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:44:44 -0600

Jennifer Geard wrote:

> Guy:
> > Her face is very nice. It seems like you've managed to avoid the Vicky 3
> > syndrome <snip>
>
> What's that, then? Great nipple detail: so-so facial expression?

Personally, I don't think the nipple resolution is so "great" ;-) I'm referring more to the fact that most of the facial sets out there look a lot like Vicki 3. There are some that attempt to depart from that, but most look something like fashion models. Most of 'em have makeup, too, though some textures have a "natural" option.

> So, a question for those of you who've done this sort of rendering: when
> you've got the software, can you balance the weight over both feet,
> tilt the
> pelvis up at the front and ease the shoulders forward to "neutral"? Less
> Vallejo and Frazetta, and more Lucy Lawless as Xena or Michelle Yeoh
> as Yu
> Xiu Lien. If you can, that will make me much more likely to buy the
> software:
> I quite like having images of the characters in my game.

I'm afraid I rely a lot on other peoples' poses, so I'm not good at giving people advice on this topic; but I'm pretty sure Poser and Vicki could accomodate these poses. It's not limited to glamour-shots, but that's what a lot of people seem to prefer.

We should probably take this to the Glorantha3D list if we want to continue, as this is off-topic for this group. Else we shall be excoriated.

Guy