Re: Comparative mountains and Ley Lines

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:50:48 +0100

Mitch:

>>But Kero Fin... That's seven MILES high. 36,960 feet. Everest is
>>only 29,000 feet, and less spectacularly shaped. Kero Fin is serious
>>"goshwowlookatthat" territory, and there's nothing on Earth that
>>approaches it.

> indeed.
> However for close earth approximation you can check out the Trango
> Towers of Pakistan.
> http://www.montana-trekking.cz/Baltoro.htm
> I think some of those photos fit my image of kero-fin pretty well.
> Well with a wee bit of photoshop stretching. :)

Alternatively, Cerro Torre in Argentina:

http://www.stockintl.ca/photo/scream/cerro_torre.jpg

But, to get back on the topic of general mountain impressiveness, height isn't the only issue. Take a look for example at Romsdalshorn (abouy 1600 m) in Norway:

http://www.rpk.no/images/pg_romsdalshorn.jpg

or Paglia Orba (about 2500 m) on Corsica:

http://pauillac.inria.fr/~fpottier/corse/95.PagliaOrba.jpg

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams