Re: Missing link...

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:19:55 +0100

>>Dear moderators and computer wizzes, have you noticed that on the
>>front page of the group the follwing link no longer works...
>>
>>*Issaries' website can be found at http://www.heroquest-rpg.com.
>>HeroQuest is the trademark of Issaries*

> Glorantha.com and related domain names have all been flaky over the
> last week. They fail to resolve intermittently, from a variety of
> clients. The webmaster of the site should check the authoritative
> servers for these names to make sure that they are OK, if he hasn't
> already (I sent mail about this when I first noticed it).

Stephen has checked the domain registrations, which are not expired. The name servers are OK as far as I have been able to confirm. If there are more problems, they are NS1.LUNARPAGES.COM and NS2.LUNARPAGES.COM, try pinging them and let me know what happens.

The problem seems to have occurred only for some people (I have not seen for example, and Stephen hasn't either). One thing strikes me though, if you couldn't reach the Issaries web site last Sunday there is an explanation as the server the site is on was physically moved and thus off line for a little while.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams