RE: Re: Sky fall as a landmark

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:29:47 -0000

> <snip>
> > I agree that it comes from a cloud, rather than straight out of the
> > sky, but for some reason I always figured it was a very high
> > cloud....how majestic would it be falling from a low cloud?
> >
> > --Bryan
>
> Thunder clouds are dark, tall, anvil shaped things. Imagine
> one that seems to stretch all the way up to the sky-dome.
>
> Pretty impressive. Of course one can rarely see it from such
> a perspective as to appreciate this. Basically I'd just
> imagine an endlessly dark raincloud. There's never any sky
> above it, when seen from the side.

At present the model (I said basic and incomplete, right?) is a dark grey ovoid. If someone can find me a picture of what it ought to look like, I'll give it a go. Height above the ground and approximate size would be appreciated. Just don't say "all the way up to the sky" unless you're prepared to define that in metres.