Re: A horse walks into a tavern in Prax...

From: Ian Young <Ian_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:01:07 -0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> It depends on how a) how many praxians there are and b) how
> many friends the horse-rider has. When a Praxian clan comes
> across a lone horse-rider in the desert, he's dead meat.

That's been my most basic assumption. You can *do* it, but you have to expect, sooner or later, that someone is going to give you trouble over it when and if they feel bold enough.

> When a Praxian sees a horse in a city, he's likely to do nothing
> about it (even if he does do something about it, it's likely to
> be covert).

I've imagined a lot of trough and feed poisonings. If the Lunars used horse cavalry in their conquest and pacification of Prax, I would suppose that their stables suffered a great deal of attrition in the months and years following open hostilities.

!i!