Re: Long Sessions & Hero Points

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 23:09:06 +0000

Jane:

>>What I've found is that since Growing Up(TM), weekends are
>>impossible. I cook dinner for my gamers, we eat, then we game
>>on Monday nights. It means we rarely get a session that
>>strarts before 7:30 or goes later than 11, but we get about
>>45 of those sessions a year.
>>

>(puzzled look) I've never heard of longer sessions than that.
>

>You mean some people have longer sessions than that? Suddenly this
>concept of handing out HP every single session begins to make a weird
>sort of sense.

My current HeroQuest group does run on more or less this schedule, although it's more like 7 'till midnight than 7 'till 11. However, my Call of Cthulhu group runs weekend-long sessions of staggering length (totalling 15 hours or so each), largely because we have difficulty getting together even twice a year.

And, while we're on the subject, I don't find the HP awards every session to be a problem, personally. If we met every week, maybe it would be, but given that our HQ games are about monthly, it's going to take quite a while before we get truly Heroic anyway.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic