Re:RE: Re: More Glorantha for my computer?

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:07:54 +1100

At 09:28 AM 6/02/05, JaneW wrote:
>(puzzled look) I've never heard of longer sessions than that. Home from
>work, get changed, grab books & dice, drive to hosts's house, phone
>through pizza order - start gaming about 8, with pizza in one hand and
>dice in the other. Finish when those who have to drive home are almost
>too tired to do so, given work the next day. Midnight at latest.
>
>And that's assuming you all live near enough each to do this, and all
>have the same evening free - no longer the case.
>
>You mean some people have longer sessions than that? Suddenly this
>concept of handing out HP every single session begins to make a weird
>sort of sense.

  My Sunday game (not HQ yet) runs from midday to 5. I used to run my Saturday game from about 2 pm to about 10 pm, but my wife now works on Saturdays to 6 pm, so it's from about 7 to about 11.   We don't do pizza--or, at least, we do it within game time; one person orders while the rest game. Normally, we all eat beforehand or bring dinner with us.
  I find it difficult to run to a 3 or 4 hour timetable, because my own games are often longer. ;) My con games have to be carefully written to account for this...

--
| Paul May               | paul.robert.may_at_...
| Kax Hoplodyne, Ltd     | kax_at_...
| MIB 1138; RD Australia | the_kax_at_...
| PGP key on www.pgp.net | spell_at_...

    I'm an omnitheist. You can't have too many messiahs.