Re: Out of Print

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:08:34 +0000

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:37:06 GMT, Donald wrote:

>In message <fjiu01d00qab831janc0aoi8jmr1i4p1vk_at_...> Nick Eden writes:
>
>>And it would be good to get a bit of HQ presence on e23, but, yes, a
>>reprint your be preferable. I rather think that e23 will sell to
>>existing fans, it's not likely to draw people in.
>
>Do you really think a scenario book is going to draw people into
>Glorantha?

I think having stuff on the shelves may attract attention. Stuff with good covers may get people saying 'that's a cool lizardman - I wonder what it's up to?' (OK, they'd be disappointed. I think that having a dozen books on a game store's shelves may make people think that it's a supported line and worth their taking the time to investigate.

Admittedly, I'm feeling kind of touchy since my FLGS barely stocks any HQ material. Once the couple of copies get they in as new releases sell out (generally within a week) they won't restock.