RE: QW

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:05:44 -0000

> > Or possibly that I'm not the only one who distingushes
> "game relevant" abilities by using RQ-style ticks?
>
> i.e. "It was in-game! See I ticked it! So half HP cost, right?"?

That's the idea.

> My RQ-like experiences are confined to CoC and Nephilim.

I believe CoC uses the same system, but it's been, erm (counts, runs out of fingers) a *long* time since I played it. If a skill was ticked, you rolled at the end of the adventure to see if you increased it. (Roll over skill, so high skills increased more slowly). This led in some circles to using one weapon till it hit, ticking the skill, then changing to secondary weapon, using it until you hit, etc. Nasty.