Re: Who is Helamakt for Orlanthi?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:33:46 -0000

Sorry, I should have been more precise about my questions.

  1. Who is Helamakt?

Storm Tribe says "Heler", Thunder Rebels just says "The Fighting Storm".

2. Whose side was Heler on when Orlanth fought the sea during the Storm Tribe age?

Storm Tribe says that Heler was on the side of the sea in all those battles, and joined Orlanth only toward the end of the Storm Tribe age, when the Helerings and Orlanthi made peace.

Thunder Rebels says that Heler joined Orlanth's side after Orlanth rescued him from Aroka, which was definitely before the battles with the sea in the Storm Tribe Age.

3. When did Helamakt first fight on the side of Orlanth?

Thunder Rebels says that Helamakt fought on Orlanth's side at Thrinbarri in the Storm Tribe Age, where the sea was one of the foes.

Storm Tribe says that Heler took the guise of Helamakt later, in the Vingkotling Age, after Orlanth was exiled.

Again, it's OK that the two books are inconsistent, I'm just trying to figure out what my Orlanthi character would believe and what myths he would know.

The goal is to have him do a heroquest against some myth of Helamakt as his devotion test. But what myths would he believe?

Rob