Re: What the Dragon Said

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:37:33 -0000

As you mention it, I begin to wonder how I'll handle this. My game's Nearly Undifferentiated Man has a Green Age keyword that includes Speak Any Language.

And they've just been pulled into helping Danar as he provides extraordinary support to Kallyr's attempt to break the Wind Stop by finding Voria. So the name Kallyr becomes important to the Heroes for the first time, and they're going to end up at Iceland because Raven wants them to free Thunderbird...things are complicated, which is how I like them, but it would be hard to keep them from the dragon if they went on the Boat quest. Which I hope they do.

Thinking aloud: Perhaps I should actually spend some time thinking about what goal my heroes might have that doesn't involve getting off the Boat?

Does that thought give you pause, Jane? Others? It just did me. Most every hero has someone or something they'd like to rescue from the underworld, and the Boat Planet is about to make a guaranteed passage through there.

> But, as I say, they can be as close as they like, and she *still* won't
> be giving away that secret. The only difference closeness will make is
> whether she apologises for the secrecy.

I can buy this last part. At least partially. Those pesky hero points are the problem. Even if you say there's a high resistance to your Kallyr Trusts Me relationship, then someone will spend a point.

> > Finally, for them to go along they have to overcome their
> > Fear Dragons, which all player characters (except Kralori)
> > have.
> So where does this "all player characters have it" come from?

The Teshnan in my game doesn't have it. Nor do Old Pavisites, though this is probably an oversight by the non-canon character generation.

Mike Dawson
http://differentcomputers.com/differentgames/