RE: Re: contraception

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:46:59 -0000

> OiD refers to Kallyr as 'never wedded nor bedded' since she
> took the vow to free Sartar. So presumably Vingans are part
> of the circle of life so to speak.

On the assumption that this was only mentioned because it was unusual - yes. Good point.

> Queen Boudicca had
> daughters and she was the archtypical warrior queen was she not?

She certainly did, but there's of course the question of to what extent she was a full-time warrior, or "just" an inspirational leader who had enough fyrd training to take her place in a battle. Not that those terms apply to the Celts, I suspect, but you see what I mean.