Re: Re: contraception

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:00:06 +0000

"Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...> writes:

>> >Queen Boudicca had daughters and she was the
>> >archtypical warrior queen was she not?
>
>does sound like someone we already know (bar the rape and the
>daughters, of course!)

St Albans, Province of Britain, 23 August 813 a.u.c.

>From Petilius Cerealis, Legate, 9th Legion, to Nero Claudius Caesar
Augustus Germanicus, Emperor, Prince and Tribune of Rome, greetings.

Your Highness, I beg to report that, as ordered, I led my legion into battle against the rebel Queen Boudicca yesterday. Regretfully, we encountered a slight setback. Well actually, the enemy won the battle. In fact, my entire army was completely wiped out. However, I must stress to Your Highness that this was absolutely NOT MY FAULT. Not at all. No way. She cheated. That's right. She used evil pagan magic to defeat my men. In fact, she summoned a giant dragon which swallowed my entire legion in one mouthful! It's true, she did!! Ask any of my men and they'll back me up on this. Except you can't because they're all dead. But I'm telling the truth. You have to believe me. You do believe me, don't you? Gulp.

Ave atque vale,
Cerealis, legate.