Re: Other Chieftain gods

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:40:12 +0000 (GMT)

Jeff wrote
>For what it is worth, it has always been my
>conception of the Isolting and the Goodswords that
>they fit into category (3). Mad-Blood Malan was an
>initiate of Humakt and Orlanth Allfather. And so
>on.

My conception is similar I think, with individuals appointed to clan roles sometimes having multiple initiations where the primary or previous occupation was something else. So the chief often multiple initiates with Dar, a juror with Andrin, the reeve with Harst. So the chief who used to be a warrior might be Destor and Dar, a juror who is a renowned carl might be Durev and Andrin, and a warrior who becomes a skald might be Destor and Drogarsi.

Of course this works for me because of my assumption that most folks are not-concentrated and not devoted so YMMV.

Out of interest I also allow multiple keywords (because it is a saga style game) for position keywords like godi, weaponthane, juror or the like, where it seems obvious that these are 'rank' additions to an underlying keyword. You get the keyword at 6 when you start, so there is no had out of free skills just for being appointed, but with saga rules you can push the keyword, and any abilites under the kyeword, up over time.

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be." Tori Amos