Re: Other chieftan gods

From: Manuel MOLINIER <astaroth.maillist_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:18:06 +0100

And what about the Clan dedicating themselves to Humakt ? I remind that in the Tales of Reaching moon about the marsh there is a section about Lismelder talking about clan turning to Humakt, sacrificing fertility to war/undead fighting potency. I imagine that the leader then join a subcult of Humakt dedicated to chief function (like the battle leader maybe). Is there another cult in Humakt being : Humakt the leader ? I never seen it but it might exist.

Manuel

  Me:
> > 2) having a standard structure with Orlanth as the leader, but this
> > place being taken by someone whose primary allegiance is to
> some other
> > deity. (As previously discussed, this is a bad idea, but
> becomes quite
> > common once the Lunars invade and supress Orlanth).

  LC:

> I'm not sure what you mean by example 2. Do you mean a
> traditional ring structure, but that main role just being
> filled by a non-Orlanth worshipper?

  Yes, that's the idea. The "Orlanth the leader" slot is taken by someone   who isn't really a very good fit, but is a more useful leader at the   moment. A Garzeen worshipper, say.

  The slots, or holes to fill, stay the same. The extent to which the   people in them fit them drops. Square pegs in round holes head towards   the norm :(

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor