Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:56:40 +0200 (EET)

Here's one to all of you who understand the mechanics of Heroquesting properly:

When somebody performs a heroquest to obtain a powerful magical weapon, is it possible for another person to perform the same quest and to obtain another "copy" of said weapon? My instinct says no, but I'm not sure.

Approaching from a different angle:

A hero performs a version of the "Humakt, Wolf and Raven" Heroquest, and get's the Raven daimon to inhabit his sword, thus obtaining a magic sword with the power of "sense weakness" (can't remember what the exact ability was) 1w3, or around that, and propably some other abilities too.

The Raven Daemon of the Quest is now in the mortal world, empowering a Hero's sword. What happens when a different person attempts the same quest. Does he, instead of meeting the Raven, draw the wielder of the Ravensword into his HQ, or something like that?

        -Adept