Re: Player-related Sartar questions, Poljoni and Telmori

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:59:14 -0500

Hey Norbert. As someone who also recently started a game with people who have never encountered Glorantha, I'll throw a few comments in.

I think you've got a good handle on how to create some custom keywords until such time as they might show up in an official publication. I'm sure you'll be inundated with suggestions.

I can't recall it right now, but I know someone has a rather extensive Telmori website up somewhere, which might give you ideas for that.

If you are offering all homeland options, are you giving some locale where they might start? I found that there was so much Glorantha that leaving it completely open overwhelmed them. In the end, I gave a fixed locale (Karse) and situation, and then had them work backwards, figuring out the kind of character they wanted to play story wise, and then finding a homeland that fit.

I love that Glorantha has so much to work with, but you may find narrowing it a bit helpful. (My players are slowly getting the setting and feel, but since it isn't a default setting any of them are familiar with, they still feel a bit lost.)

LC