Who worships who?

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:59:16 -0000

Hello,

here are some question about the (nominal) rulers of the Sartarite tribes.

What cult does King Petrad of the Dinacoli belong to post-outlawing of Orlanth worship, and is Petrad still in power in the summer of 1621?

Is Harvald the Hairy a worshipper of Orlanth Rex, or of Doburdun, or an Orlanth worshipper pretending to worship Doburdun if the Lunars check?

What is Harvar Ironfist's cult?

I always assume that all tribes of Sartar (minus the Poljoni) have a King or Queen, even if the tribe is known to be very small. The Amad, Bachad, Princeros and Tovtaros tribes did not get a King or Queen listed in the Barbarian Adventures volume, so I took that to signify that the Narrator is free to make up rulers for their own campaign. I'm likely to run something with heroes from a tribe that does not have a specific king spelled out, yet.

Generally, is it reasonable to assume that most kings and queens are devotees - if nothing else is explicitly indicated? For example, if a passage in the books states that "[he] is a worshipper of Doburdun," that could mean a communal worshipper, an initiate or a devotee.